MS sufferer releases fundraising CD
A 29-year-old multiple sclerosis suffer is today releasing a CD to raise money to find a cure for the condition. Ben Forsdike of St John's Road, Ipswich, was diagnosed with MS four years ago.
A 29-year-old multiple sclerosis suffer is today releasing a CD to raise money to find a cure for the condition.
Ben Forsdike of St John's Road, Ipswich, was diagnosed with MS four years ago.
He said: “I am not at the stage where I can't do anything but I do have trouble walking and with prolonged physical activity.”
The CD has a number of tracks by Ipswich and Colchester bands and musicians. Mr Forsdike said half the funds raised will go to the MS society and the other half to Sue Ryder
Mr Forsdike said: “I aim to initially raise £1000 for these worthy charities, but if it goes well, potentially more. Before I was diagnosed I was a drummer in various bands but had to give it up because of the physical problems. I am still active in the local music scene, but only in a listening and recording capacity, and the CD is a result of friends and local musicians giving time and songs to the cause.
“I recorded about half of the songs especially for the CD, the other half were simply donated.”
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
The track list includes contributions by Pete Lambert, Joe Sharman, Dave Green and Nick Illot as well as Christian Gisholt and Fly 66.
The CD will be sold for £5 a copy to order call Mr Forsdike on 07740 436800
Do you have a similar story? Are you raising money for charity? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com