Muggers hunted after two teens attacked
MUGGERS are being hunted today after two teenagers were targeted by gangs of youngsters, as they walked through Ipswich streets.A 16-year-old boy was threatened with a knife and had his mobile phone stolen by a group of youngsters as he walked along Hervey Street.
MUGGERS are being hunted today after two teenagers were targeted by gangs of youngsters, as they walked through Ipswich streets.
A 16-year-old boy was threatened with a knife and had his mobile phone stolen by a group of youngsters as he walked along Hervey Street.
He spotted the group walking towards him as he walked along the street at around 1.30am on Sunday.
He was approached by one member of the gang who pushed him in the chest and threatened him with a knife before demanding his phone.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker was a black male, aged between 16 and 18-years-old, around 5ft 8ins tall and was of muscular build. He had a shaved head and was wearing a black T-shirt.
When he took the boy's phone he handed it to another member of the group who was around 5ft 7ins tall and of skinny build. He was wearing a white baseball cap and black hooded top.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
And in a separate incident another teenager was punched in the face and had his bag stolen by a group of youths as he walked along Upper Brook Street in the town.
He was approached by four or five youngsters at around 8.10pm on Saturday who punched him, stole his rucksack and then ran off.
The rucksack was later found a short distance away.
Anyone with information about the Hervey Street robbery should contact Dc Danny Mayhew at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133.
Witnesses to the Upper Brook Street robbery should contact Pc Alistair Livingstone at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500.
Alternatively telephone Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555111.