Muggers hunted after two teens attacked
MUGGERS are being hunted today after two teenagers were targeted by gangs of youngsters, as they walked through Ipswich streets.A 16-year-old boy was threatened with a knife and had his mobile phone stolen by a group of youngsters as he walked along Hervey Street.
MUGGERS are being hunted today after two teenagers were targeted by gangs of youngsters, as they walked through Ipswich streets.
A 16-year-old boy was threatened with a knife and had his mobile phone stolen by a group of youngsters as he walked along Hervey Street.
He spotted the group walking towards him as he walked along the street at around 1.30am on Sunday.
He was approached by one member of the gang who pushed him in the chest and threatened him with a knife before demanding his phone.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker was a black male, aged between 16 and 18-years-old, around 5ft 8ins tall and was of muscular build. He had a shaved head and was wearing a black T-shirt.
When he took the boy's phone he handed it to another member of the group who was around 5ft 7ins tall and of skinny build. He was wearing a white baseball cap and black hooded top.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 4 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 5 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 6 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 9 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 10 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
And in a separate incident another teenager was punched in the face and had his bag stolen by a group of youths as he walked along Upper Brook Street in the town.
He was approached by four or five youngsters at around 8.10pm on Saturday who punched him, stole his rucksack and then ran off.
The rucksack was later found a short distance away.
Anyone with information about the Hervey Street robbery should contact Dc Danny Mayhew at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133.
Witnesses to the Upper Brook Street robbery should contact Pc Alistair Livingstone at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500.
Alternatively telephone Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555111.