Multi vehicle pile up blocks the A11
A MULTI-VEHICLE pile up blocked the A11 in both directions today as emergency services worked to clear the scene.The incident, which was reported at around 5.
A MULTI-VEHICLE pile up blocked the A11 in both directions as emergency services worked to clear the scene.
The incident, which was reported at around 5.45pm yesterday, happened at the Barnham crossroads, near Elveden.
Initial reports stated that the first collision, on the northbound A11, involved between 10 and 12 vehicles, with a further crash on the southbound carriageway involving one vehicle.
The female driver of the second accident was left trapped.
You may also want to watch:
One fire crew from Brandon was joined by two others from Norfolk after reports of persons trapped.
By 6.40pm, the fire service had released two trapped people from the scene, with paramedics conveying them to hospital.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
Police set up diversions around the scene, while the road was blocked.