Mum's heartbreak over 12-year-old
MOTHER Angela Ryan is caught in a place no parent would ever want to find themselves in.She has had to demand that her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, is taken away from home because he is a danger to her family.
By Jessica Nicholls
MOTHER Angela Ryan is caught in a place no parent would ever want to find themselves in.
She has had to demand that her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, is taken away from home because he is a danger to her family.
It is believed he is suffering from a personality disorder that doctors say they cannot treat until he shows signs of schizophrenia.Mrs Ryan, from Felixstowe, is disillusioned with the help she has received from Social Services. She feels they are taking too long to sort out her heartbreaking problem.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholas has been sent home from his school several times because they could not cope with his behaviour. The final straw came two weeks ago when he erupted into extremely violent behaviour and started kicking in the front door, even ripping off the letterbox.
He was put into emergency foster care - but a few days later was delivered back to Mrs Ryan's door. She was told she had no option but to have him back at home even though she believed her other two children were in danger.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 6 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021
She said: "I don't want people to think that I don't want my son - I have had to sign all the papers to take him into foster care and it scares me. You just think, 'Am I ever going to see my son again?' "
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR