Mum's heartbreak over 12-year-old
MOTHER Angela Ryan is caught in a place no parent would ever want to find themselves in.She has had to demand that her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, is taken away from home because he is a danger to her family.
By Jessica Nicholls
MOTHER Angela Ryan is caught in a place no parent would ever want to find themselves in.
She has had to demand that her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, is taken away from home because he is a danger to her family.
It is believed he is suffering from a personality disorder that doctors say they cannot treat until he shows signs of schizophrenia.Mrs Ryan, from Felixstowe, is disillusioned with the help she has received from Social Services. She feels they are taking too long to sort out her heartbreaking problem.
Nicholas has been sent home from his school several times because they could not cope with his behaviour. The final straw came two weeks ago when he erupted into extremely violent behaviour and started kicking in the front door, even ripping off the letterbox.
He was put into emergency foster care - but a few days later was delivered back to Mrs Ryan's door. She was told she had no option but to have him back at home even though she believed her other two children were in danger.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 5 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
She said: "I don't want people to think that I don't want my son - I have had to sign all the papers to take him into foster care and it scares me. You just think, 'Am I ever going to see my son again?' "
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR