Mum's heartbreak over 12-year-old
MOTHER Angela Ryan is caught in a place no parent would ever want to find themselves in.She has had to demand that her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, is taken away from home because he is a danger to her family.
By Jessica Nicholls
MOTHER Angela Ryan is caught in a place no parent would ever want to find themselves in.
She has had to demand that her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, is taken away from home because he is a danger to her family.
It is believed he is suffering from a personality disorder that doctors say they cannot treat until he shows signs of schizophrenia.Mrs Ryan, from Felixstowe, is disillusioned with the help she has received from Social Services. She feels they are taking too long to sort out her heartbreaking problem.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholas has been sent home from his school several times because they could not cope with his behaviour. The final straw came two weeks ago when he erupted into extremely violent behaviour and started kicking in the front door, even ripping off the letterbox.
He was put into emergency foster care - but a few days later was delivered back to Mrs Ryan's door. She was told she had no option but to have him back at home even though she believed her other two children were in danger.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 9 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 10 Churches prepare to open at Quay Place and the former Odeon cinema
She said: "I don't want people to think that I don't want my son - I have had to sign all the papers to take him into foster care and it scares me. You just think, 'Am I ever going to see my son again?' "
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR