Mum's relief over sex attack trial
A MUM has spoken of her relief after her 12-year-old daughter was spared the ordeal of an indecent assault trial.Pervert Adrian Arbon was ordered to sign the sexual offenders register after he admitted assaulting the girl in August last year.
A MUM has spoken of her relief after her 12-year-old daughter was spared the ordeal of an indecent assault trial.
Pervert Adrian Arbon was ordered to sign the sexual offenders register after he admitted assaulting the girl in August last year.
Arbon, 30, of, of Kelly Road, Ipswich, faces sentencing on June 30 for putting his hand down the girl's top and rubbing the top of her leg.
Her mum, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: "I'm really pleased he decided to plead guilty.
You may also want to watch:
"Right up until Friday afternoon it was still going to trial, then we got a phone call saying no witnesses were needed, but not telling us why.
"Then on Monday I found out he'd decided to plead guilty. It's a big relief, my daughter was really starting to get worried about it."
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 6 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 7 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
Although the woman praised police for some of their investigation, he said she was "disgusted" with the length of time it took for any interviews to be conducted.
She said: "I am disgusted that having reported such a serious incident that it wasn't taken seriously.
"I reported the incident shortly after it happened and it took over a week before she was interviewed by the police.
"With the headlines in the past few months regarding Jesscia Chapman and Holly Wells, I thought something like this would have been treated with the highest of priorities."
A police spokeswoman said: "When such offences have been committed, it's necessary for the specially trained officers to conduct the investigation.
"At the time the incident occurred, this was explained to the individual concerned and the matter was dealt with in the correct procedure."