Mum was just millimetre from death
EVERY step Jocelyn West takes today is little short of a miracle.Just a year ago, laying strapped down to a hospital bed after a serious riding accident, doctors told her they were unsure if she would ever be able to walk again.
EVERY step Jocelyn West takes today is little short of a miracle.
Just a year ago, laying strapped down to a hospital bed after a serious riding accident, doctors told her they were unsure if she would ever be able to walk again.
When she was thrown from a horse in a bucking frenzy, the mum-of-five suffered severely broken neck. Known as a hangman's fracture, it left her just millimetres from death or total paralysis.
A long, painful recuperation process stood in her way but, determined to battle back to health for the sake of her family, Mrs West pulled off a remarkable recovery.
You may also want to watch:
Eager to grasp every precious second of her life after coming so close to death, Mrs West has just completed the London Triathlon and finished in the top third of female competitors.
See tonight's Evening Star for the full incredible story.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 9 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
- 10 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site