Murder arrest after teen's body found
DETECTIVES have arrested a 33-year-man on suspicion of murder after an 18-year-old woman's body was discovered in Pettistree today.Police were called to an address in the village, near Woodbridge, after they were alerted to concerns for the teenager's welfare.
DETECTIVES have arrested a 33-year-man on suspicion of murder after an 18-year-old woman's body was discovered in Pettistree today.
Police were called to an address in the village, near Woodbridge, after they were alerted to concerns for the teenager's welfare.
When they arrived around 2pm they discovered her body.
Although a post mortem is still to take place to determine cause of death, Simon Stevens, spokesman for Suffolk police, said officers were treating the woman's death as a murder inquiry.
The 33-year-old man was subsequently arrested in Winterton, near Great Yarmouth, by Norfolk police. He was taken to the town's police station and is expected to be transferred to Suffolk for questioning.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week