Murder suspect is Suffolk pc
A MURDER suspect arrested more than 20 years after a man was shot in Guyana, is a serving police officer in Suffolk.The police constable, whose name has not yet been confirmed, was released on police bail today.
By Tracey Sparling
A MURDER suspect arrested more than 20 years after a man was shot in Guyana, is a serving police officer in Suffolk.
The police constable, whose name has not yet been confirmed, was released on police bail today.
The alleged murder took place in Guyana, South America in 1982.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Spencer, who was believed to be a Guyanese national, died from injuries sustained after being shot.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "Suffolk police can confirm that the man arrested in connection with the murder of Brian Spencer is a police constable serving with Suffolk Constabulary.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
"The officer, who is not being named by police, has been suspended from duty pending the outcome of the current legal proceedings."
It remains unclear which police station the officer is based at.
The 41-year-old Woodbridge man was arrested at his home yesterday morning.
He was taken to a Suffolk police station for questioning and has been bailed pending further inquires.
He is due to answer bail in eight weeks' time.