Murder suspect is Suffolk pc
A MURDER suspect arrested more than 20 years after a man was shot in Guyana, is a serving police officer in Suffolk.The police constable, whose name has not yet been confirmed, was released on police bail today.
By Tracey Sparling
A MURDER suspect arrested more than 20 years after a man was shot in Guyana, is a serving police officer in Suffolk.
The police constable, whose name has not yet been confirmed, was released on police bail today.
The alleged murder took place in Guyana, South America in 1982.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Spencer, who was believed to be a Guyanese national, died from injuries sustained after being shot.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "Suffolk police can confirm that the man arrested in connection with the murder of Brian Spencer is a police constable serving with Suffolk Constabulary.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 8 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
"The officer, who is not being named by police, has been suspended from duty pending the outcome of the current legal proceedings."
It remains unclear which police station the officer is based at.
The 41-year-old Woodbridge man was arrested at his home yesterday morning.
He was taken to a Suffolk police station for questioning and has been bailed pending further inquires.
He is due to answer bail in eight weeks' time.