Murder suspect re-bailed following death of John Allen after bungalow fire in Fuchsia Lane, Ipswich
A man who was arrested on suspicion of murder following a fatal bungalow fire in Ipswich last year has been interviewed again by detectives as police investigations into the tragedy continue.
The 69-year-old suspect was originally arrested on November 8, 2016 after 86-year-old John Allen died in hospital from the injuries he sustained during a blaze at his home in Fuchsia Lane.
The man answered bail yesterday and was interviewed by top officers before being re-bailed to return to police on April 28 to allow further enquiries to be carried out.
The fire happened in the early hours of March 30, 2016.
Another man in his 60s was pulled from the blaze and was treated in hospital.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “John Allen, 86, died in hospital following the fire and since then police have been carrying out a comprehensive investigation into the cause of the blaze and the circumstances around the incident. “
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings