Murder suspect's bail cancelled
DETECTIVES today cancelled the bail of the second man arrested in connection with their murder inquiry into the disappearance of Ian Halls.Officers working on the investigation confirmed they would be taking no further action against the 56-year-old Manchester man they detained six days ago in their hunt for the missing Ipswich man.
DETECTIVES today cancelled the bail of the second man arrested in connection with their murder inquiry into the disappearance of Ian Halls.
Officers working on the investigation confirmed they would be taking no further action against the 56-year-old Manchester man they detained six days ago in their hunt for the missing Ipswich man.
A spokeswoman at Ipswich police station said the 30 Suffolk officers currently working on the case are still trying to find what they believe will be Mr Halls' remains.
At this stage of the inquiry it seems unlikely the second man, who was arrested last Saturday morning will be charged with any offence.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk police spokeswoman said: “A 56-year-old from Manchester who was arrested on suspicion of being concerned with the murder of 63-year-old Ian Halls has had his bail cancelled and has been told by police at this stage he will not be subject to any further investigation in relation to this matter.”
Police held the 56-year-old suspect for almost 72 hours as they questioned him in connection with their murder inquiry. However he was released on bail on Tuesday night and had been due to report to Longsight police station in Greater Manchester on February 26.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 6 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 7 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 8 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 9 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
Meanwhile the man charged with the murder of Ian Halls, his nephew Michael Harvey, of North Down Avenue, Manchester, is remanded in custody until his appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on next Thursday.
The inquiry team, headed by Detective Superintendent Stewart Gull, believe Mr Hall's body may have been dismembered and hidden.
Mr Halls, of Tower Mill Road, Ipswich, went missing during last month and his absence was reported to police by his stepsister Diana Doyle late last week.