Murder team set up mobile station
POLICE investigating the murder of Bill O'Connor on Friday have set up a mobile police station in Bury St Edmunds.Mr O'Connor, 20, was stabbed behind the row of shops in Home Farm Lane in the town at around 12.20pm.
POLICE investigating the murder of Bill O'Connor on Friday have set up a mobile police station in Bury St Edmunds.
Mr O'Connor, 20, was stabbed behind the row of shops in Home Farm Lane in the town at around 12.20pm and died at West Suffolk Hospital as a result of his injuries.
The mobile police station will be set up on Home Farm Lane.
DCI David Skevington said: “Extra patrols will be carried out in the area of Home Farm Lane over the coming days and any members of the public who would like to speak to an officer can do so at the mobile station.
You may also want to watch:
“We are pleased with the public's response so far, we have taken over 40 calls and want them to keep coming.
“We want to hear from anyone who saw an old-style white Transit van in the area at the time, or who saw Bill himself.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 9 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Mr O'Connor was wearing blue jeans, a navy blue jacket with white stripes up both arms, and black shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.