Murdered - Edna Harvey
EDNA HARVEY – The 87-year-old was found strangled in her Finchley Road home in Ipswich in August 1984.Police vowed to find her killer and said that the culprit would not be able to escape forever because they had fingerprints as evidence.
EDNA HARVEY – The 87-year-old was found strangled in her Finchley Road home in Ipswich in August 1984.
Police vowed to find her killer and said that the culprit would not be able to escape forever because they had fingerprints as evidence.
But nearly 18 years on the killer has still not been traced. It is believed Mrs Harvey had disturbed a burglar who had then panicked and strangled the housebound widow before attempting to burn her body in a bid to hide the evidence.
Frustratingly for the police, although it bore all the hallmarks of a panic murder, the killers left no further clues.
You may also want to watch:
Two men were seen running away and another witness passing in a car thought they saw three people near the scene.
Despite 60 officers working on the case the murderers are still free.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge