Murdered - Edna Harvey
EDNA HARVEY – The 87-year-old was found strangled in her Finchley Road home in Ipswich in August 1984.Police vowed to find her killer and said that the culprit would not be able to escape forever because they had fingerprints as evidence.
EDNA HARVEY – The 87-year-old was found strangled in her Finchley Road home in Ipswich in August 1984.
Police vowed to find her killer and said that the culprit would not be able to escape forever because they had fingerprints as evidence.
But nearly 18 years on the killer has still not been traced. It is believed Mrs Harvey had disturbed a burglar who had then panicked and strangled the housebound widow before attempting to burn her body in a bid to hide the evidence.
Frustratingly for the police, although it bore all the hallmarks of a panic murder, the killers left no further clues.
You may also want to watch:
Two men were seen running away and another witness passing in a car thought they saw three people near the scene.
Despite 60 officers working on the case the murderers are still free.
- 1 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 2 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 6 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe