Murdered - Vicky Hall
VICKY HALL – This is one of the biggest murder investigations ever covered by Suffolk police.Vicky, 17, disappeared while walking home from the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe in the early hours of Sunday September 19 1999.
VICKY HALL – This is one of the biggest murder investigations ever covered by Suffolk police.
Vicky, 17, disappeared while walking home from the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe in the early hours of Sunday September 19 1999.
Her naked body was found five days later in a water-filled ditch in Creeting St Peter, 25 miles away from her home in Faulkners Way, Trimley St Mary.
More than 100 police officers were drafted in to work on the investigation and just over a year later in December 2000, Felixstowe businessman Adrian Bradshaw was arrested and charged with her murder.
You may also want to watch:
Following a high profile court case, which included disputed forensic evidence linking Bradshaw to the site of where her body was found, a verdict of not guilty was returned by the jury in November last year.
More than 12,000 lines of inquiry were followed up to find Vicky's killer and 3,100 calls were received from the public.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 7 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 8 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 9 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 10 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
It was a huge investigation which sparked off a massive amount of public support but so far the killer has slipped the net and remains free.