Murdered - Vicky Hall
VICKY HALL – This is one of the biggest murder investigations ever covered by Suffolk police.Vicky, 17, disappeared while walking home from the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe in the early hours of Sunday September 19 1999.
VICKY HALL – This is one of the biggest murder investigations ever covered by Suffolk police.
Vicky, 17, disappeared while walking home from the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe in the early hours of Sunday September 19 1999.
Her naked body was found five days later in a water-filled ditch in Creeting St Peter, 25 miles away from her home in Faulkners Way, Trimley St Mary.
More than 100 police officers were drafted in to work on the investigation and just over a year later in December 2000, Felixstowe businessman Adrian Bradshaw was arrested and charged with her murder.
Following a high profile court case, which included disputed forensic evidence linking Bradshaw to the site of where her body was found, a verdict of not guilty was returned by the jury in November last year.
More than 12,000 lines of inquiry were followed up to find Vicky's killer and 3,100 calls were received from the public.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 5 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 6 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 10 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
It was a huge investigation which sparked off a massive amount of public support but so far the killer has slipped the net and remains free.