Music festival gets green light
A MUSIC festival has been given the go ahead to take place in the centre of a market town in Suffolk.Organisers behind The Gig in the Park were anxious to avoid the same last-minute licensing problems that affected the event last year, which were due to a lack of police cover and other safety issues.
A MUSIC festival has been given the go ahead to take place in the centre of a market town in Suffolk.
Organisers behind The Gig in the Park were anxious to avoid the same last-minute licensing problems that affected the event last year, which were due to a lack of police cover and other safety issues.
But their decision to apply for an occasional public licence as early as possible has paid off as Waveney District councillors gave them the green light at a meeting of the licensing committee.
Ian Graham, committee chairman, said: "Members were pleased with the planning of this year's event, lessons had been learned from last year and early preparation and early submission of the application had paid dividends.
You may also want to watch:
"Public safety has been properly managed and considered and the application was approved."
The Halesworth festival will take place on August 9, 10 and 11 with music being provided from 6.30pm to 11.30pm on Friday, noon to 11.45pm on Saturday and noon to 10pm on Sunday.
- 1 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 9 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
Bands being lined up include The Asleep, Neils Children, Without a Clue and This Perfect Gift on Friday evening. On Saturday are Treacle Miners, Grow, Mostly Autumn, Gabriel, Dunlop and Steve Lay. Sunday has a jazz theme with artists including Sole Bay Jazz Band, Deep Water, Low House Blues Band, Chu Nau-mi and the Lee Vasey Big Band performing.
The Gig in the Park will be on Halesworth Town Park and as well as a main stage area it will include craft stalls, food stalls, and a bar.