Music on the Green to raise cash for restoration of Grade I-listed Unitarian Meeting House
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
The Ipswich Unitarians will be holding a Music on the Green event beside the Unitarian Meeting House to help raise money for the building’s restoration.
The event will run from 11am to 4pm on Saturday, July 15, and feature live music performances in a range of styles including jazz, folk, classical, soul, organ and bluegrass among others.
The day will also include a cake sale, book stall, raffle and “bits and bobs” sale.
Tessa Jordan from the Ipswich Unitarians said: “This is all to raise money for the Meeting House Restoration Fund and to support this beautiful Grade I listed building.”
The Friars Street-based Meeting House is once again being opened up for members of the public to admire this summer, with open afternoons from 12-4pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
You may also want to watch:
People can take a look around the building, find out about famous Unitarians and learn about the organisation.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 6 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 Everything you need to know about inflatable Waterfront sculpture