Musical coming to Suffolk theatre
WOODBRIDGE theatre group Company of Four is to perform Return To The Forbidden Planet in October.
WOODBRIDGE theatre group Company of Four is to perform Return To The Forbidden Planet in October.Billed as Shakespeare's forgotten rock and roll musical, the show runs at the Seckford Theatre, Burkitt Road, in Woodbridge, from Tuesday October 28 to Saturday November 1.
A spokesman for Company of Four said: “The musical took the West End by storm. Return To The Forbidden Planet, is based very loosely on The Tempest with a love story that has a hint of Romeo and Juliet and a script that Shakespeare might have found a little familiar.”
Songs include Teenager in Love, Young Girl, The Young Ones, Monster Mash, Only the Lonely and Shake, Rattle and Roll and Born to Be Wild.
The spokesman added: “So, fasten your seatbelts and prepare to join the heroic Captain Tempest and his courageous crew as they find themselves stranded on strange planet with a mad scientist and a roller skating robot.
“They plan their escape, armed only with guitars, drums plus other assorted instruments and some of the greatest rock and roll hits of the fifties and sixties.
“So set your ray guns to stun and get ready for a cosmic adventure of meteoric proportions.”
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 3 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 4 Ellie makes impressive prom entrance - in a truck
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 8 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 10 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
Tickets are £10, £9 concessions and are available from the box office on 01394 615015.
Which is your favourite musical? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com