Musical to beat rogue traders
A MUSICAL hoping to educate people about the dangers of rogue traders and bogus callers will take to the stage in Suffolk next month.The Scambuster production, featuring a cast of professional actors, is being hosted by Safe and Sound, a multi-agency group aiming to reduce crime and the fear of crime.
A MUSICAL hoping to educate people about the dangers of rogue traders and bogus callers will take to the stage in Suffolk next month.
The Scambuster production, featuring a cast of professional actors, is being hosted by Safe and Sound, a multi-agency group aiming to reduce crime and the fear of crime. The shows will be held at a range of locations across the county.
The musical is similar to the Trickster shows staged by the group previously, and features a live story-telling event with music from the 1960s.
It is based on true stories, and features the story of a man who is targeted by a rogue tradesman and a woman who thinks she has won the holiday of a lifetime.
Performances are free - no tickets are required - and refreshments will be provided. The first performance is on Monday, September 3 at Whitehouse Community Centre, Limerick Close, Ipswich, starting at 10am.
Performances are also being held at Bungay, Woodbridge, Newmarket, Felixstowe, Kesgrave and Bury St Edmunds. For a full list of times and dates go to www.onesuffolk.co.uk/safeandsound/whatshappening
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
If you know of any older people or groups who would be interested in attending, the Safe and Sound group is keen they are invited to the event.
If a large group wishes to attend, please call Julie Dennis on 01473 613994.
Safe and Sound is a partnership between Suffolk police, Trading Standards, Age Concern, Suffolk Acre, district and borough councils and social care services.