Musician prepares for big break
MUSICIAN Alex Body is today preparing for a performance which could lead to a UK wide tour and record deal.The 18-year-old, of Valley Walk, Felixstowe, has beaten hundreds of other hopefuls to the regional semi-finals of talent contest Live and Unsigned.
MUSICIAN Alex Body is today preparing for a performance which could lead to a UK wide tour and record deal.
The 18-year-old, of Valley Walk, Felixstowe, has beaten hundreds of other hopefuls to the regional semi-finals of talent contest Live and Unsigned.
Playing his brand of folk pop on the acoustic guitar, Alex is due to take part in the next stage of the competition next month.
He said: “I am through to the live stage of the competition and it means I'm a step closer to getting the attention I've been working for.”
A solo artist, Alex has been playing the bass guitar since he was 13 and for the competition he is playing a song he wrote himself called on the acoustic guitar.
The former Deben High School student said: “Music is the only thing I've ever been much good at. I am passionate about it and hopefully I'll be able to carve a career in the industry.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 5 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 10 Driver caught doing 64mph in 40mph section of A12
“My music is inspired by the progressive rock bands of the 1970s.”
Alex will compete against 15 other hopefuls in a live show in Aldershot on February 17.
Chris Grayston, events director of Live and Unsigned said: “This cannot be compared to any other talent searches as the acts' talent is the show. We are interested in discovering and exposing talent at its best.”
“The competition category winners will be crowned the UK's best Live and Unsigned acts in front of a capacity crowd, including many professionals from within the music industry. They will be thrust into the media spotlight through television, radio and the press and all winners will be invited on the UK Live and Unsigned tour.”
The overall winner will also get a recording and management contract with record label Future Music.
Have you had a big break? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org