Mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds and Bentley drag racer set for Stonham Barns event
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s Team Extreme Racing will be exhibiting some unique cars at the Stonham Barns Low Collective car show this weekend – including a star of cinema.
More than 1,000 cars will be gathered at Stonham Barns for the event, with some cars from Martin Smith’s collection at the event at the CandySkull Detailing stand.
Among the cars will be a street-legal Bentley which can reach 0-60mph in less than a second and a 1967 Ford Mustang used as the prized ‘Eleanor’ car in the finale of Nicolas Cage thriller Gone in 60 Seconds.
Martin Smith, a drag racer himself whose collection spans more than 20 cars, said: “It’s something I have been passionate about, and we have been adding two or three cars a year.
“The Bentley hasn’t been there before, and the great thing about it is that it is fully street legal”.
You may also want to watch:
Low Collective will be at Stonham Barns on Sunday from 10am-5pm.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 4 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 5 Kesgrave woman writes book on incredible journey from suicide attempt to ultra marathon
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 8 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 9 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 10 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change