My Suffolk Soundtrack: The Teapot Project’s Mischa Pearson shares her top 10 tunes
- Credit: Archant
Having been a regular on the live music scene in Ipswich and Suffolk with various bands as well as a promoter, Teapot Project co-founder Mischa Pearson is a keen music lover.
In our ongoing series, My Suffolk Soundtrack, she shares her perfect playlist – including a tease of her latest musical outfit, Suspended Cadence with Curtis Garrett.
Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing
It’s Mark Knopfler’s guitar style that massively inspired Curtis growing up.
Kansas – Dust in the Wind
Tom Lehrer – Poisoning Pigeons in the Park
A track very few will know, but my Uncle Ron was my biggest mentor and I grew up around Lehrer’s tongue in cheek humour so it’s utter nostalgia for me.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 8 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 9 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 10 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
My Chemical Romance – Welcome to the Black Parade
The Civil Wars – 20 years
This was Curtis’ biggest inspiration as he searched for a singer to collaborate with and subsequently found me rocking out in a five piece.
We went on to form Suspended Cadence.
Skunk Anansie – Weak
Skin is such an inspiration as a strong female lead singer.
Suspended Cadence – Show Me The Way
This is the first song we actually both worked on and was written in my cafe at The Teapot Project which made it extra special.
R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
The harmonies in this are beautiful, and well, everything about this track is just right.
Noah Gunderson – Jesus Jesus
Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven
No explanation needed!
To find out more about the Teapot Project’s work in intercepting waste food and feeding the Ipswich community, see here.
For details on Suspended Cadence’s upcoming music and shows visit the website here.