My Suffolk Soundtrack: The Teapot Project’s Mischa Pearson shares her top 10 tunes
- Credit: Archant
Having been a regular on the live music scene in Ipswich and Suffolk with various bands as well as a promoter, Teapot Project co-founder Mischa Pearson is a keen music lover.
In our ongoing series, My Suffolk Soundtrack, she shares her perfect playlist – including a tease of her latest musical outfit, Suspended Cadence with Curtis Garrett.
Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing
It’s Mark Knopfler’s guitar style that massively inspired Curtis growing up.
Kansas – Dust in the Wind
You may also want to watch:
Tom Lehrer – Poisoning Pigeons in the Park
A track very few will know, but my Uncle Ron was my biggest mentor and I grew up around Lehrer’s tongue in cheek humour so it’s utter nostalgia for me.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
My Chemical Romance – Welcome to the Black Parade
The Civil Wars – 20 years
This was Curtis’ biggest inspiration as he searched for a singer to collaborate with and subsequently found me rocking out in a five piece.
We went on to form Suspended Cadence.
Skunk Anansie – Weak
Skin is such an inspiration as a strong female lead singer.
Suspended Cadence – Show Me The Way
This is the first song we actually both worked on and was written in my cafe at The Teapot Project which made it extra special.
R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
The harmonies in this are beautiful, and well, everything about this track is just right.
Noah Gunderson – Jesus Jesus
Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven
No explanation needed!
To find out more about the Teapot Project’s work in intercepting waste food and feeding the Ipswich community, see here.
For details on Suspended Cadence’s upcoming music and shows visit the website here.