Mystery driver helps fallen biker
A MOTORIST'S decision today to stop and investigate an accident and call for emergency help may have saved a motorcyclist's life.The driver stopped after seeing the biker – who had suffered serious injuries after coming off his machine – lying by the side of the dock spur roundabout on the edge of Felixstowe.
A MOTORIST'S decision today to stop and investigate an accident and call for emergency help may have saved a motorcyclist's life.
The driver stopped after seeing the biker - who had suffered serious injuries after coming off his machine - lying by the side of the dock spur roundabout on the edge of Felixstowe.
The 26-year-old rider was unconscious on the verge by the A14 junction. Police do not know how long he may have been lying there.
The driver who found him at 12.30am immediately called for an ambulance and the motorcyclist was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Later the man, who was suffering from head injuries and a fractured pelvis, was transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital at Cambridge and was today described as being in a serious condition.
A police spokeswoman said officers had carried out investigations at the scene of the crash and were appealing for witnesses.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Inquiries were taking place into which direction the rider - who came from Felixstowe, but has not been named - had been travelling on his Honda CB 250 motorcycle and where he had been.
The exact time of the accident was not known, though it is thought to have happened shortly before he was found.
Officers say there is no evidence at this stage to indicate that there were any other vehicles involved in the incident.
The roundabout is used at all times of the day and night by vehicles travelling to and from Felixstowe and its port and police officers believe someone may have seen the motorcycle come off the road.
Anyone who saw the motorcycle on the A14 is asked to contact investigating officer Pc Melanie Savage on 01473 613500.
n Were you the mystery Good Samaritan who stopped to help the motorcyclist - or do you know the person? Contact the Evening Star's Felixstowe Newsdesk on 01394 284109.