Mystery driver helps fallen biker
A MOTORIST'S decision today to stop and investigate an accident and call for emergency help may have saved a motorcyclist's life.The driver stopped after seeing the biker – who had suffered serious injuries after coming off his machine – lying by the side of the dock spur roundabout on the edge of Felixstowe.
A MOTORIST'S decision today to stop and investigate an accident and call for emergency help may have saved a motorcyclist's life.
The driver stopped after seeing the biker - who had suffered serious injuries after coming off his machine - lying by the side of the dock spur roundabout on the edge of Felixstowe.
The 26-year-old rider was unconscious on the verge by the A14 junction. Police do not know how long he may have been lying there.
The driver who found him at 12.30am immediately called for an ambulance and the motorcyclist was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Later the man, who was suffering from head injuries and a fractured pelvis, was transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital at Cambridge and was today described as being in a serious condition.
A police spokeswoman said officers had carried out investigations at the scene of the crash and were appealing for witnesses.
- 1 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 2 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 3 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
Inquiries were taking place into which direction the rider - who came from Felixstowe, but has not been named - had been travelling on his Honda CB 250 motorcycle and where he had been.
The exact time of the accident was not known, though it is thought to have happened shortly before he was found.
Officers say there is no evidence at this stage to indicate that there were any other vehicles involved in the incident.
The roundabout is used at all times of the day and night by vehicles travelling to and from Felixstowe and its port and police officers believe someone may have seen the motorcycle come off the road.
Anyone who saw the motorcycle on the A14 is asked to contact investigating officer Pc Melanie Savage on 01473 613500.
n Were you the mystery Good Samaritan who stopped to help the motorcyclist - or do you know the person? Contact the Evening Star's Felixstowe Newsdesk on 01394 284109.