Mystery surrounds girl's collapse
MYSTERY still surrounds today how a teenager collapsed and her heart stopped while at school.Wendy Ingram, 13 from Brent Eleigh was airlifted to Ipswich hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke By Nayland middle school.
MYSTERY still surrounds today how a teenager collapsed and her heart stopped while at school.
Wendy Ingram, 13 from Brent Eleigh was airlifted to Ipswich hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke By Nayland middle school.
A teacher battled to save her life by trying to get her heart started again before land ambulance crews arrived and gave her emergency shock treatment.
Originally emergency crews believed the youngster had collided with a goal post and knocked herself unconscious.
You may also want to watch:
However a spokesman for the school today said that was not the case and that the youngster had collapsed while she was playing at lunchtime, but no-one knew why.
East Anglian Ambulance Service was called at around 1.25pm on Friday and a spokesman said that by the time they reached the school the pupil was in full cardiac arrest, was unconscious and had stopped breathing.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
But the crew managed to get her back and she was flown by air ambulance to hospital at around 2pm.
Her parents are said to be keeping a vigil at their daughter's bedside.