Mystery surrounds girl's collapse
MYSTERY still surrounds today how a teenager collapsed and her heart stopped while at school.Wendy Ingram, 13 from Brent Eleigh was airlifted to Ipswich hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke By Nayland middle school.
MYSTERY still surrounds today how a teenager collapsed and her heart stopped while at school.
Wendy Ingram, 13 from Brent Eleigh was airlifted to Ipswich hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke By Nayland middle school.
A teacher battled to save her life by trying to get her heart started again before land ambulance crews arrived and gave her emergency shock treatment.
Originally emergency crews believed the youngster had collided with a goal post and knocked herself unconscious.
You may also want to watch:
However a spokesman for the school today said that was not the case and that the youngster had collapsed while she was playing at lunchtime, but no-one knew why.
East Anglian Ambulance Service was called at around 1.25pm on Friday and a spokesman said that by the time they reached the school the pupil was in full cardiac arrest, was unconscious and had stopped breathing.
- 1 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 2 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 3 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 4 New services and drive-thru coffee shop rejected
- 5 Ipswich mum's frustration as terminally ill son, 13, left unable to go home
- 6 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Ipswich road to A14 cleared after collision between two cars
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars in July
- 9 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?
- 10 Rape arrest after man sexually assaulted in town
But the crew managed to get her back and she was flown by air ambulance to hospital at around 2pm.
Her parents are said to be keeping a vigil at their daughter's bedside.