Mystery surrounds girl's collapse
MYSTERY still surrounds today how a teenager collapsed and her heart stopped while at school.Wendy Ingram, 13 from Brent Eleigh was airlifted to Ipswich hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke By Nayland middle school.
MYSTERY still surrounds today how a teenager collapsed and her heart stopped while at school.
Wendy Ingram, 13 from Brent Eleigh was airlifted to Ipswich hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke By Nayland middle school.
A teacher battled to save her life by trying to get her heart started again before land ambulance crews arrived and gave her emergency shock treatment.
Originally emergency crews believed the youngster had collided with a goal post and knocked herself unconscious.
However a spokesman for the school today said that was not the case and that the youngster had collapsed while she was playing at lunchtime, but no-one knew why.
East Anglian Ambulance Service was called at around 1.25pm on Friday and a spokesman said that by the time they reached the school the pupil was in full cardiac arrest, was unconscious and had stopped breathing.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
But the crew managed to get her back and she was flown by air ambulance to hospital at around 2pm.
Her parents are said to be keeping a vigil at their daughter's bedside.