Mystery surrounds pub closure
MYSTERY today surrounds the disappearance of a Suffolk pub landlord, who is being sought by bosses.Managers were today in a crisis meeting at The Inkerman in Norwich Road, Ipswich.
MYSTERY today surrounds the disappearance of a Suffolk pub landlord, who is being sought by bosses.
Managers were today in a crisis meeting at The Inkerman in Norwich Road, Ipswich.
The car park was packed with cars, and the pub doors remained locked, but a spokesman said: "There is no story here."
He added: "The pub will be open again tonight."
You may also want to watch:
Another member of staff confirmed to the Evening Star that landlord Andrew Ross was not at the premises today.
It is believed the pub closed at 7.30pm on Friday and remained closed throughout the weekend.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 6 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
Pubmaster spokeswoman Debbie Armstrong said: "We can confirm that the previous manager has left The Inkerman and we are currently trying to find his whereabouts.
"Today the pub is re-opening with a temporary manager.
"Pubmaster owns The Inkerman and the tenant, GRS Ltd which appointed the previous manager, is working with us to find out what has happened."
A regular customer of the pub said he arrived at 6.55pm on Friday, and was drinking with friends when a barmaid told him the pub had to close to abide by licensing rules, because the landlord was not present.
Customers then had to leave the premises, not knowing what had happened to Mr Ross and his girlfriend Samantha.