Mystery surrounds pub closure
MYSTERY today surrounds the disappearance of a Suffolk pub landlord, who is being sought by bosses.Managers were today in a crisis meeting at The Inkerman in Norwich Road, Ipswich.
MYSTERY today surrounds the disappearance of a Suffolk pub landlord, who is being sought by bosses.
Managers were today in a crisis meeting at The Inkerman in Norwich Road, Ipswich.
The car park was packed with cars, and the pub doors remained locked, but a spokesman said: "There is no story here."
He added: "The pub will be open again tonight."
Another member of staff confirmed to the Evening Star that landlord Andrew Ross was not at the premises today.
It is believed the pub closed at 7.30pm on Friday and remained closed throughout the weekend.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
Pubmaster spokeswoman Debbie Armstrong said: "We can confirm that the previous manager has left The Inkerman and we are currently trying to find his whereabouts.
"Today the pub is re-opening with a temporary manager.
"Pubmaster owns The Inkerman and the tenant, GRS Ltd which appointed the previous manager, is working with us to find out what has happened."
A regular customer of the pub said he arrived at 6.55pm on Friday, and was drinking with friends when a barmaid told him the pub had to close to abide by licensing rules, because the landlord was not present.
Customers then had to leave the premises, not knowing what had happened to Mr Ross and his girlfriend Samantha.