Name and shame campaign under way
THREE more foolish motorists are today named and shamed after drinking and driving.The trio, Matthew Varghese, Harold Spink and David Dorling, are all now counting the cost of flouting the law and putting themselves and others at risk.
THREE more foolish motorists are today named and shamed after drinking and driving.
The trio, Matthew Varghese, Harold Spink and David Dorling, are all now counting the cost of flouting the law and putting themselves and others at risk.
Each were stopped by the roadside and gave postive breath test readings in the first 11 days of December.
Their stories should serve as a warning to anyone who is tempted to get behind the wheel of a car after a boozy night out - or even just a festive meal with friends.
And it is not just the danger on the night itself - one of the cases highlights the risk of alcohol remaining in the system the day after a drunken session.
And Dorling proved himself stupid as well as irresponsible by getting himself arrested for drink driving twice within two days.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
- 10 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
His second arrest came after he drove away from the police station after presenting his driving documents after the first case!
Throughout this month and into January, The Evening Star pledges to write about as many drink drivers as possible as they appear before magistrates in Ipswich.
For the full story see tonight's Evening Star.