Nandi Bushell releases song with Rage Against the Machines' Tom Morello
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Ipswich drumming star Nandi Bushell is set to release a single with Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello.
The music video for the new song, called The Children Will Rise Up, will feature movie star and musician Jack Black along with climate activist Greta Thunberg.
The song, which is an anthem against climate change and environmental destruction, was co-written with Tom Morello's son, Roman Morello.
Nandi rose to prominence in 2018 when she appeared in the John Lewis Christmas advert.
She was then noticed by musician Lenny Kravitz, who had her join him on stage at the O2 Arena in London.
You may also want to watch:
In the pandemic, she challenged and defeated Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters frontman, in a drum off, where he admitted defeat after two rounds.
The two met in person in August 2021 where she played the song Everlong in front of a crowd of 20,000.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
Nandi has since taken up playing guitar and bass as well as drums.
Her cover of Muses' Plug in Baby attracted the attention of guitarist Matt Bellamy who gave her one of his signature guitars in appreciation.