Nat tec award for Woodbridge School
A SCHOOL in Woodbridge, Suffolk, has been short-listed for a national technology award.Woodbridge School, which is helping to bring the Internet, totally free of charge, to the local area, is nominated for an eWell-Being Award.
A SCHOOL in Woodbridge, Suffolk, has been short-listed for a national technology award.
Woodbridge School, which is helping to bring the Internet, totally free of charge, to the local area, is nominated for an eWell-Being Award. The awards have been developed by SustainIT, sponsored by BT and supported by the Local Government Association.
The school is bringing IT into the community by raising funds to install PCs with Internet access in 25 Suffolk villages. Pupils from the school are heavily involved in the initiative and they are hoping that the project will enable members of the community to benefit from becoming IT literate.
Woodbridge will find out if it has been successful at an award ceremony at the BT Tower in London on June 18.
You may also want to watch:
The eWell-Being Awards, are the first national awards programme of their kind. They are designed to recognise an reward companies that use information and communication technologies to deliver environmental and social benefits.
Adrian Hosford, Director of Social Policy at BT says: "The eWell-Being Awards have been launched to celebrate the contribution technology makes to society. The Woodbridge School project stood out as an innovative example of how technology can make a positive impact on the community."
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 4 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 9 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 10 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?