Plans unveiled for lorry park for up to 28 HGVs off A14
- Credit: Google Earth
A new lorry park is set to be created in an industrial estate adjacent to the A14 at Needham Market, according to new plans.
The proposals have been submitted to Mid Suffolk District Council by KLH Architects Ltd, on behalf of Openultra Felixstowe Ltd.
The scheme for the lorry park is on vacant land at the Lion Barn Industrial Estate in Lower Street, to the south-east of the village.
Planning documents have revealed a 2m tall fence around the perimeter of the site and a welfare building would be constructed to create a park capable of accommodating up to 28 HGVs.
To screen the view of the proposed park, the developers have said existing trees and bushes alongside Lower Street would be retained.
You may also want to watch:
Planning documents said: "The proposed HGV park will provide a secure area to park up to twenty-eight HGVs.
"The park will be surrounded by a two metre high galvanised steel palisade fence and can be accessed through a new security gate via a new internal road network built within Lion Barn Industrial Estate."
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role