Neighbours from hell - it's a laugh
BARBECUES and back gardens, bad neighbours and more than a little comedy.Party Piece, written by Richard Harris, is opening at the Debenham Leisure Centre tonight and promises to be a unique look in to the horror and hilarity of suburban living.
BARBECUES and back gardens, bad neighbours and more than a little comedy.
Party Piece, written by Richard Harris, is opening at the Debenham Leisure Centre tonight and promises to be a unique look in to the horror and hilarity of suburban living.
Bob Good plays Michael, who along with his down trodden wife Roma, has moved next door to a rather cantankerous old lady.
The whole thing takes place in two back gardens. Mrs Hinson is one side while Michael and Roma are the other side. Michael and Roma decide to have a house-warming barbecue, but because no one actually likes Michael, no one turns up.
That is apart from Mrs Hinson, her son David and his second wife Jennifer. It is really a comedy about the differences between generations and social differences all played in the familiar back-drop of a back garden," he said.
The play opens tonight and runs until Saturday.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Tickets can be bought from the Debenham Post Office. Or you can call David Good on 01379 871043.