Neil's best foot forward to award
A GRATEFUL patient has today praised a hospital worker who always made him smile.William Crocker, of Lower Dales View Road, Ipswich, spent a lot of time at Ipswich Hospital's diabetes centre where he was helped by the chief podiatrist, Neil Baker.
A GRATEFUL patient has today praised a hospital worker who always made him smile.
William Crocker, of Lower Dales View Road, Ipswich, spent a lot of time at Ipswich Hospital's diabetes centre where he was helped by the chief podiatrist, Neil Baker.
Now Mr Crocker has nominated the foot-expert for The Evening Star's Patient's Award, a prize which highlights the amazing work which goes on every day at the hospital in making patients' experiences better.
Mr Crocker said: "Neil Baker deals with the diabetic foot clinic.
“Without his help and advice I would not be as well as I am.
"Having had numerous stays in hospital for diabetic foot trouble, he has taken time to explain all the details of operations that I have had and really talked me through them, and has given my wife encouragement too during these difficult times.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 6 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 10 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
"He is always cheerful and I know that he does a lot of good by giving lectures and going to poorer countries to help teach them about diabetic clinics.
"I'm sure I speak for most of the patients that I meet in the clinic and I would like to nominate him most highly."
This year's winner of The Evening Star's Patient's Award will be presented with their award, along with other winners from the hospital's awards, at the Celebrating Our Stars Award Evening on Thursday, April 24.
To nominate a member of staff at Ipswich Hospital write to Linda Cooper, press office, Victor Bonney Offices, NO57, Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD. The closing date for nominations is Friday, February 29, 2008.
Have staff at Ipswich Hospital helped save or transform your life? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.