New arrest in Zest killing
DETECTIVES investigating the death of Jimoh Plunkett in Ipswich have arrested another man, police said today.The 24-year-old died from his wounds after being gunned down at the former Zest nightclub in Princes Street, Ipswich on December 9 last year.
DETECTIVES investigating the murder of Jimoh Plunkett in Ipswich have arrested another man, police said today.
The 24-year-old died from his wounds after being gunned down at the former Zest nightclub in Princes Street, Ipswich on December 9 last year.
A 19-year-old man from Croydon was arrested in London on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on Saturday, bringing the total number of people arrested in connection with Mr Plunkett's death to 16.
The man was brought to Ipswich where he was interviewed before being bailed to return to a Suffolk police station on January 18 next year.
Fourteen of the current 16 suspects have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, while two men were arrested on suspicion of Mr Plunkett's murder. These two have been released on bail, which has been extended and they will now report back to police at the end of November.
Four of those arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder are women.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 6 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
Eleven people arrested and bailed will return to police between January 15 and 18 next year.
Detectives have yet to recover the weapon used to kill Mr Plunkett but ammunition checks indicate the pistol used is possibly a conversion of the kind sold by a Lithuainain arms dealer, the Evening Star revealed last week.
Andrius Rauba, 37, is currently behind bars in his homeland awaiting trial after he was arrested during a raid on his farm by officers in Lithuania last year.
Metropolitan Police detectives said the gun used to kill Mr Plunkett could have been converted. Suffolk Police said this was possible but have refused to comment on whether police have an idea on the make and origin of the gun.
Mr Plunkett, of New Cross, London, was fatally wounded on a night of violence at Zest which left three other men with gunshot wounds and a fifth man with stab wounds.
The trouble erupted when large numbers of people from London descended on the nightspot, which police successfully applied to have closed.
Detectives are continuing to ask anyone with information about the shooting to call the incident room on 01473 782000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.