New babies for new year
FAMILIES across Suffolk celebrated the best possible start to the new year . . . with the birth of a new baby.At Ipswich Hospital three three babies were born by late afternoon.
FAMILIES across Suffolk celebrated the best possible start to the new year . . . with the birth of a new baby.
At Ipswich Hospital three three babies were born by late afternoon.
Kathy Wright, 31, from Shakespeare Road in Ipswich, and her partner Tim Hoey, 34, were among the couples celebrating - Ria-Grace weighed in at 8lb 4oz after being born at 5.25am.
Georgina and Jeremy Proctor, from Campsea Ash near Woodbridge, saw baby Valentino arrive at 2.36pm, weighing in at 8lb 9oz.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Proctor a full-time mother-of-four, and her 39-year-old husband, a plasterer, said it was special to have their new arrival on the first day of 2007.
Also celebrating yesterday were firefighter Chris and his wife Rebecca Willis, from Rushmere St Andrew, Ipswich, after baby Oscar was born at 3.48am, weighing in at 10lb 1oz.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 9 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
The first baby inb the county was born at West Suffolk Hospital within 40 minutes of Big Ben chiming in 2007. Weighing in at 9lb 8oz, Thomas Corke was 12 days overdue. He is the first child of delighted parents Lisa Corke, 27, and Jamie Whitham, 21, who live at RAF Honington.
Thomas was followed less than two hours later by Dylan Wearm, the son of Lavenham couple Kaylinda Wearm, 19, and Justin Tapsell, 28.
Dylan, who weighed 8lb 9.5oz was born at 1.50am. His proud father, Mr Tapsell, said the couple - who have another son, 15-month-old Josh - had expected their second child on December 23.
At 11.30am, the hospital ushered in a third New Year baby - Charlotte Applin,
Weighing 8lb 3oz, Charlotte was born three weeks early. Her proud parents, Sarah, 28, and Richard, 37, of Bury St Edmunds, said they were over the moon.