Wiff Waff – the new bar combining beers, bats and balls
- Credit: The new bar Wiff Waff replaces Grand Central bar at the Ipswich waterfront. Picture: SOPHIE BARNETT
Table tennis, jamaoke sessions and a ‘Quizzee Rascal Wednesday’ are all on offer at new Waterfront bar Wiff Waff opening tonight (Friday).
The dock-side bar and restaurant, which replaces the former Grand Central, combines food, drink and a very unique programme of entertainment.
Brian Mckay, Operations Director at TLC Inns, who own Wiff Waff, said: “The rebranding is great and we are really excited about bringing a really engaging environment to Ipswich where people can enjoy cool drinks and cocktails whilst being able to have fun and play games such as table tennis, table football and pool.
“It will be a very mixed environment with cool sounds and DJs on Fridays and Saturdays – offering a vibrant, lively environment.”
The restaurant, which is next to Pizza Express, is set over two floors and is set to open from 12noon until midnight Sunday to Thursday and until 1am Friday and Saturday nights.
You may also want to watch:
The bar will be driven by different offers each day of the week, starting with two-for-one on a Monday and the promise of more interesting deals as the week progresses.
The new bar is set over two floors
- 1 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 2 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 3 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 4 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 5 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 6 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 7 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 10 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
Throughout the year there will be pop-up parties, alfresco drinking and dining and other social evenings to encourage visitors to the area.
TLC Inns have 11 restaurants and bars scattered across the region with bars in Ely and Cambridge. They hope that the new branding will provide a truly immersive experience for the people of Ipswich.