New bars for busy street
TWO new bars could be coming to St Nicholas Street in Ipswich.They could be built in the empty land behind the Benefits Agency offices in St Felix House.
TWO new bars could be coming to St Nicholas Street in Ipswich.
They could be built in the empty land behind the Benefits Agency offices in St Felix House.
The application has been made by Dragon Leisure Ltd, but no tenants have been lined up at this stage.
The application is due to be considered by Ipswich Council's development control committee next Wednesday .
The site was home to a chapel which was demolished 21 years ago and used as a temporary car park since then.
It is in a conservation area, and there are concerns because the three-storey building which would have the two bars could be out of character with other historic buildings.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 5 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Orwell Bridge reduced speed limit 'likely' as Storm Barra hits Suffolk
However planning officers point out there are already several restaurants and bars in the area – so it would not be out of keeping.
Their formal recommendation will be given to members of the committee on Wednesday after further discussions with the applicants.