New bars for busy street
TWO new bars could be coming to St Nicholas Street in Ipswich.They could be built in the empty land behind the Benefits Agency offices in St Felix House.
TWO new bars could be coming to St Nicholas Street in Ipswich.
They could be built in the empty land behind the Benefits Agency offices in St Felix House.
The application has been made by Dragon Leisure Ltd, but no tenants have been lined up at this stage.
The application is due to be considered by Ipswich Council's development control committee next Wednesday .
You may also want to watch:
The site was home to a chapel which was demolished 21 years ago and used as a temporary car park since then.
It is in a conservation area, and there are concerns because the three-storey building which would have the two bars could be out of character with other historic buildings.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 4 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 9 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 10 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
However planning officers point out there are already several restaurants and bars in the area – so it would not be out of keeping.
Their formal recommendation will be given to members of the committee on Wednesday after further discussions with the applicants.