New bars for busy street
TWO new bars could be coming to St Nicholas Street in Ipswich.They could be built in the empty land behind the Benefits Agency offices in St Felix House.
TWO new bars could be coming to St Nicholas Street in Ipswich.
They could be built in the empty land behind the Benefits Agency offices in St Felix House.
The application has been made by Dragon Leisure Ltd, but no tenants have been lined up at this stage.
The application is due to be considered by Ipswich Council's development control committee next Wednesday .
You may also want to watch:
The site was home to a chapel which was demolished 21 years ago and used as a temporary car park since then.
It is in a conservation area, and there are concerns because the three-storey building which would have the two bars could be out of character with other historic buildings.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 7 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Walking back to happiness - 18 great trails to follow and a festival
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
However planning officers point out there are already several restaurants and bars in the area – so it would not be out of keeping.
Their formal recommendation will be given to members of the committee on Wednesday after further discussions with the applicants.