New boost for Lol fund
SUPPORT and fundraising efforts for injured speedway rider Lawrence Hare are far from dwindling.A fund set up following the accident which left him paralysed stands at more than £60,000 and with events still be organised in his honour efforts to boost the fund to £100,000 by Christmas should be easily achieved.
SUPPORT and fundraising efforts for injured speedway rider Lawrence Hare are far from dwindling.
A fund set up following the accident which left him paralysed stands at more than £60,000 and with events still be organised in his honour efforts to boost the fund to £100,000 by Christmas should be easily achieved.
The latest fundraiser is to be held at Trimley Sports and Social Club on Sunday, June 30.
There will be a barbecue, disco and live band throughout the afternoon with the event kicking off at 3pm to allow people to watch the World Cup final before hand.
You may also want to watch:
It has been organised by Sandra Cook, who is a relative of Lawrence, or Lol as he is known. She wanted to do something to help the fund to provide financial support for his future.
Tickets for the event cost £4.50 but for those who just wish to come for the evening of live music, with local band Quilted Cherry playing from 7pm to 10.30pm, can turn up and give a donation on the door.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head
- 8 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Anyone wanting a ticket is asked to contact Sandra on 01394 671107.
n Independent Felixstowe taxi driver Stefan Bialkowski has donated more than £100, his takings from Thursday night, to the Lawrence Hare Support Fund.
Felixstowe based company Cookerzone is also giving the fun a big donation.
n Donations for the fund for Lol can be sent to Geraldine Thompson, Editor's Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.