New boost for Lol fund
SUPPORT and fundraising efforts for injured speedway rider Lawrence Hare are far from dwindling.A fund set up following the accident which left him paralysed stands at more than £60,000 and with events still be organised in his honour efforts to boost the fund to £100,000 by Christmas should be easily achieved.
SUPPORT and fundraising efforts for injured speedway rider Lawrence Hare are far from dwindling.
A fund set up following the accident which left him paralysed stands at more than £60,000 and with events still be organised in his honour efforts to boost the fund to £100,000 by Christmas should be easily achieved.
The latest fundraiser is to be held at Trimley Sports and Social Club on Sunday, June 30.
There will be a barbecue, disco and live band throughout the afternoon with the event kicking off at 3pm to allow people to watch the World Cup final before hand.
You may also want to watch:
It has been organised by Sandra Cook, who is a relative of Lawrence, or Lol as he is known. She wanted to do something to help the fund to provide financial support for his future.
Tickets for the event cost £4.50 but for those who just wish to come for the evening of live music, with local band Quilted Cherry playing from 7pm to 10.30pm, can turn up and give a donation on the door.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
Anyone wanting a ticket is asked to contact Sandra on 01394 671107.
n Independent Felixstowe taxi driver Stefan Bialkowski has donated more than £100, his takings from Thursday night, to the Lawrence Hare Support Fund.
Felixstowe based company Cookerzone is also giving the fun a big donation.
n Donations for the fund for Lol can be sent to Geraldine Thompson, Editor's Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.