New bus route to airport
STANSTED Airport passengers travelling to and from Ipswich can now book tickets for a new direct coach service which will begin on May 3.airdirect, which is a partnership between BAA Stansted and Excel Coaches, will offer services every two hours, 24 hours a day, 364 days of the year.
STANSTED Airport passengers travelling to and from Ipswich can now book tickets for a new direct coach service which will begin on May 3.
airdirect, which is a partnership between BAA Stansted and Excel Coaches, will offer services every two hours, 24 hours a day, 364 days of the year.
A new website www.airdirectipswich.com and telephone booking line 01279 681800 have been launched that allow passengers to book tickets for the service.
Passengers using airdirect can sign up to a text message alert service which indicates when the coach is leaving the airport to begin its journey to Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a facility for passengers who live on the outskirts of Ipswich to include a taxi service into their journey that drops them off at the main bus station in the town centre to connect with the airdirect service.
“The feedback we have received since announcing the airdirect route has been extremely positive,” said Steve Mills, Stansted's public transport development manager.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
“Ipswich is a key town in the east of England and while we already have more than 40per cent of our passengers using public transport to get to and from Stansted, this new route will help us continue to build on our UK leading position.
“This service will be the only direct public transport link between Stansted Airport and Ipswich and with a journey time of one hour and 15 minutes we are confident that people in the town will find it extremely convenient and an excellent alternative to their car.”