New chairman for Ipswich Hospital
A NEW chairman has today been appointed to take over the reins at Ipswich Hospital.Mike Brookes, who is currently chairman of the Essex Strategic Health Authority, will start his new role in Ipswich on July 1.
A NEW chairman has today been appointed to take over the reins at Ipswich Hospital.
Mike Brookes, who is currently chairman of the Essex Strategic Health Authority, will start his new role in Ipswich on July 1.
He will be taking over from Christine Smart who has held the chairman's post for the last four years.
As chairman of Essex Strategic Health Authority, Mr Brookes oversaw a transformation in local health services.
Within the first three years of his appointment the NHS in Essex went from having some of the longest waiting times in the country to exceeding all national targets and being one of the top six health economies in the national star ratings.
For the full story see Saturday's Evening Star.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 6 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 7 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 8 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault