New community centre for Suffolk town
THESE are the first images of a state of the art community facility that has been given the go-ahead in Hadleigh.Babergh District Council has agreed to spend £2million on the brand new building for the town.
THESE are the first images of a state of the art community facility that has been given the go-ahead in Hadleigh.
Babergh District Council has agreed to spend £2million on the brand new building for the town.
The project - the biggest non-housing scheme undertaken by the authority for many years - will be linked to the town's swimming pool.
It is designed to appeal to as many people as possible and will include a dance studio, a fitness studio, a community area (including a stage) and a social area for more casual users.
Mayor Brian Lazenby, chairman of the council's strategy committee, said: “We have already widely consulted with local people to ensure the building can offer something for virtually everyone.
“This 'green light' now means the project can speed forward to finding someone to build and run the facility.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 4 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 10 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
“If everything goes according to plan, local people could well start seeing the foundations being dug soon after the New Year.”