New community for Suffolk
HUNDREDS of new homes could be built in a new village beside BT's Adastral Park research centre at Martlesham.Final touches are today being put to a masterplan which would see the area transformed into a high-tech super-community providing homes, jobs, and leisure facilities.
HUNDREDS of new homes could be built in a new village beside BT's Adastral Park research centre at Martlesham.
Final touches are today being put to a masterplan which would see the area transformed into a high-tech super-community providing homes, jobs, and leisure facilities.
The move would be the biggest development in Suffolk for many years and would more than treble the size of the business park where work began more than 40 years ago.
The new development would provide hundreds of new jobs, and homes for the workers so they would be able to reach their offices or laboratories without getting into a car.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of the proposal are due to be unveiled next week, but The Star understands that work is likely to take at least 10 to 15 years to be completed.
And residents of the Martlesham and Kesgrave area are to be kept fully informed at every stage of the planning process.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
See tonight's Evening Star for more on this major new development.