New community for Suffolk
HUNDREDS of new homes could be built in a new village beside BT's Adastral Park research centre at Martlesham.Final touches are today being put to a masterplan which would see the area transformed into a high-tech super-community providing homes, jobs, and leisure facilities.
HUNDREDS of new homes could be built in a new village beside BT's Adastral Park research centre at Martlesham.
Final touches are today being put to a masterplan which would see the area transformed into a high-tech super-community providing homes, jobs, and leisure facilities.
The move would be the biggest development in Suffolk for many years and would more than treble the size of the business park where work began more than 40 years ago.
The new development would provide hundreds of new jobs, and homes for the workers so they would be able to reach their offices or laboratories without getting into a car.
Full details of the proposal are due to be unveiled next week, but The Star understands that work is likely to take at least 10 to 15 years to be completed.
And residents of the Martlesham and Kesgrave area are to be kept fully informed at every stage of the planning process.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
See tonight's Evening Star for more on this major new development.