New face on solicitors' management team
AN Ipswich solicitors' firm has today revealed a new face on its management team.Gotelee and Goldsmith, based in Elm Street, have appointed Martin Whitworth as a managing partner.
AN Ipswich solicitors' firm has today revealed a new face on its management team.
Gotelee and Goldsmith, based in Elm Street, have appointed Martin Whitworth as a managing partner.
The move comes as the company announces plans for expansion over the coming year.
Mr Whitworth has managed the commercial property team at the company since joining in 2000. He was previously a commercial property partner and head of commercial property at Sinclair Roche and Temperley in London.
You may also want to watch:
His predecessor Peter Crix will now concentrate on his specialist legal disciplines including trusts, inheritance tax planning and estate administration for the solicitors.
Mr Whitworth, who qualified in 1983, said: "During the last four years, under the direction of Peter Crix, the firm has grown by almost 40 per cent - reflecting the success of a strategy to increase strength in depth.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
"A policy of organic growth, concentrating on staff development and promotion from within coupled with strategic recruitment in target specialist areas, has achieved balanced and sustainable growth".
Mr Whitworth works exclusively in commercial property. He acts for companies on their national and international property requirements, whether for development, investment or their own use. He advises on sales, purchases, financing and letting of property and acts for a number of banks, advising on loans to property developers and investors.
Gotelee and Goldsmith spokesman Brian Scott said: "Under Martin's leadership Gotelee and Goldsmith is set to continue it's development, with further expansion in targeted areas and a major investment in information technology amongst the plans for the current year."