New flag for new town
A TOWN flag will be flying in Kesgrave for the first time today .The new flag, designed with the help of local children, will be flown on special days in the town and was officially launched at a dedication ceremony at All Saints Church.
A TOWN flag will be flying in Kesgrave for the first time today .
The new flag, designed with the help of local children, will be flown on special days in the town and was officially launched at a dedication ceremony at All Saints Church.
A competition was held through the Kesgrave News in which youngsters were invited to submit their own designs.
More than forty entries were received. These were displayed in the town council offices before being narrowed down to five winners.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Judith Francis, Kesgrave's deputy town clerk, said: "We had basic ideas of what we wanted but we thought it would be nice to involve the youngsters.
"We gave them a brief which included certain things that had to be incorporated, such as the Cedar tree. We also stipulated that no more than three colours could be used.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 4 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 5 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 6 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 7 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
"We had some fantastic entries and it's really nice to see the youngsters getting involved in the life of the town."
The five winners who will see aspects from their designs included in the final flag were Amanda Emmerson, 11, Kathryn Mason, 9, Jonathan Mason, 7, Robert Gloess, 11, and Kyle Harris, 10.
All five youngsters were due to be special guests at the ceremony.