New karaoke venue to boost town’s nightlife
IPSWICH: A new private-hire karaoke boutique could offer a much needed boost to the town’s night-time economy.
A planning application has been submitted to Ipswich Borough Council which could see a former gym transformed into Diva Karaoke Boutique.
If given the green light, the proposals would see the site in Princes Street divided into a series of rooms which could be hired to groups of singing enthusiasts.
The boutique would also include a bar.
Claire Saul, of Flipside Entertainment – the company behind the exciting new iniative, said staff would also offer a waiter service.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Saul said: “I think that we will offer something different in Ipswich. It is a funky and fun night out and Ipswich’s nightlife will really benefit from this.
“We are really excited about the prospects of opening up and we hope to start work by October and be opened soon after that.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 Not long to wait for new café at Needham Lake
“We already have one Diva Karaoke in Chelmsford and that has been a massive success.”
Each of the karaoke rooms will be fitted out with a different theme and will benefit from state-of-the-art microphones, amps and speakers.
Each system will offer the choice of 6,000 songs, covering every genre of music.
Paul Clement, executive director of Ipswich Central, said: “It is great news for Ipswich that Diva Karaoke is coming to the town.
“We already have a wealth of great bars to choose from, but this one will bring something a little different to Ipswich and create a lively, spirited atmosphere where people can relax and belt out a few songs.
“We urge you to visit and help support this enterprising venture, whilst having a good time.”
n How do you rate Ipswich’s nightlife? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org