New legal service for vulnerable youths
A NEW legal advice service for young people is being launched in Ipswich.The Infobar in Fore Street, a one-stop shop for advice and support for young people, will be piloting the legal drop-in service from Monday June 4.
A NEW legal advice service for young people is being launched in Ipswich.
The Infobar in Fore Street, a one-stop shop for advice and support for young people, will be piloting the legal drop-in service from Monday June 4.
It will be hosted by Suffolk Youth & Connexions and run by specialist advice service Lawyers for Young People (LFYP), which is part of Essex law firm Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP.
Liz Frank, LFYP project leader and solicitor, said: “We are very pleased to be working with Connexions on this very important project in Ipswich.
“Vulnerable young people often find it difficult to know when, if, and how to get to see a solicitor meaning that often problems go unresolved.
“If young people can access advice at an early stage, many issues may not develop into huge insurmountable problems.”
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 6 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 7 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 8 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
Delyth Miles, locality manager for Youth & Connexions, said: “I'm absolutely delighted to host this drop-in legal service for young people in south Suffolk.
“I am sure that many young people will benefit from this service and consequently be able to achieve their potential.”
The Ipswich legal drop-in service will be available on the first Monday of every month from Monday, June 4, between noon and 2pm at the Infobar, 37 - 43 Fore Street.