New loos being built in Ipswich town
PLUSH new state-of-the-art toilets are to be built in the centre of Ipswich.The new loos will be built on the corner of Old Foundry Road and St Margaret's Street and the borough council said they will be better and safer for residents and visitors.
PLUSH new state-of-the-art toilets are to be built in the centre of Ipswich.
The new loos will be built on the corner of Old Foundry Road and St Margaret's Street and the borough council said they will be better and safer for residents and visitors.
When the toilets open there will be staff on duty during day-time opening hours, there will be two toilets for people with disabilities, a number of child friendly, low level sinks and toilets and a parent and child room for feeding and nappy changing.
There will also be shower facilities at the site for cyclists and tourists.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the facilities will be available 24-hours a day.
Councillor Penny Breakwell, Ipswich Borough Council's environment & transport spokeswoman, said: "I look forward to the opening of a top class toilet, which will not only look attractive but will be user friendly for old and young, providing safe facilities for the people of Ipswich and visitors to the town."
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 8 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss
- 9 Man smashed ATM screen at service station after not receiving cash
- 10 How does traffic congestion in Ipswich compare to pre lockdown?
The new public facilities at Old Foundry Road will open later this year.