New loos being built in Ipswich town
PLUSH new state-of-the-art toilets are to be built in the centre of Ipswich.The new loos will be built on the corner of Old Foundry Road and St Margaret's Street and the borough council said they will be better and safer for residents and visitors.
PLUSH new state-of-the-art toilets are to be built in the centre of Ipswich.
The new loos will be built on the corner of Old Foundry Road and St Margaret's Street and the borough council said they will be better and safer for residents and visitors.
When the toilets open there will be staff on duty during day-time opening hours, there will be two toilets for people with disabilities, a number of child friendly, low level sinks and toilets and a parent and child room for feeding and nappy changing.
There will also be shower facilities at the site for cyclists and tourists.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the facilities will be available 24-hours a day.
Councillor Penny Breakwell, Ipswich Borough Council's environment & transport spokeswoman, said: "I look forward to the opening of a top class toilet, which will not only look attractive but will be user friendly for old and young, providing safe facilities for the people of Ipswich and visitors to the town."
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
The new public facilities at Old Foundry Road will open later this year.