New man at the baton
REHEARSALS are in full swing for this year's concert season from the Ipswich Gilbert and Sullivan Society.This year sees the debut of Andrew Burke as musical director, replacing Bernard Reeder who has retired after 28 years in the job.
REHEARSALS are in full swing for this year's concert season from the Ipswich Gilbert and Sullivan Society.
This year sees the debut of Andrew Burke as musical director, replacing Bernard Reeder who has retired after 28 years in the job.
The change is not as radical as it might have been because Andrew has been the society's accompanist for many years. He is well known to all the members and plays the type of music that the choir enjoys singing.
Much of the season's repertoire will be taken from arrangements donated to the society by Bernard. Also included will be some of Andrew's own arrangements, in a similar format to those that are much loved by both audience and choir.
You may also want to watch:
The concert is being held at 8.30pm on Saturday April 27 at the Jubilee Hall in Aldeburgh. This year the concert is raising money for Macmillan Cancer Relief.
For tickets call 01728 453338.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 8 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 9 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder