New man at the baton
REHEARSALS are in full swing for this year's concert season from the Ipswich Gilbert and Sullivan Society.This year sees the debut of Andrew Burke as musical director, replacing Bernard Reeder who has retired after 28 years in the job.
REHEARSALS are in full swing for this year's concert season from the Ipswich Gilbert and Sullivan Society.
This year sees the debut of Andrew Burke as musical director, replacing Bernard Reeder who has retired after 28 years in the job.
The change is not as radical as it might have been because Andrew has been the society's accompanist for many years. He is well known to all the members and plays the type of music that the choir enjoys singing.
Much of the season's repertoire will be taken from arrangements donated to the society by Bernard. Also included will be some of Andrew's own arrangements, in a similar format to those that are much loved by both audience and choir.
You may also want to watch:
The concert is being held at 8.30pm on Saturday April 27 at the Jubilee Hall in Aldeburgh. This year the concert is raising money for Macmillan Cancer Relief.
For tickets call 01728 453338.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 5 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 6 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 9 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 10 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site