New man at the baton
REHEARSALS are in full swing for this year's concert season from the Ipswich Gilbert and Sullivan Society.This year sees the debut of Andrew Burke as musical director, replacing Bernard Reeder who has retired after 28 years in the job.
REHEARSALS are in full swing for this year's concert season from the Ipswich Gilbert and Sullivan Society.
This year sees the debut of Andrew Burke as musical director, replacing Bernard Reeder who has retired after 28 years in the job.
The change is not as radical as it might have been because Andrew has been the society's accompanist for many years. He is well known to all the members and plays the type of music that the choir enjoys singing.
Much of the season's repertoire will be taken from arrangements donated to the society by Bernard. Also included will be some of Andrew's own arrangements, in a similar format to those that are much loved by both audience and choir.
The concert is being held at 8.30pm on Saturday April 27 at the Jubilee Hall in Aldeburgh. This year the concert is raising money for Macmillan Cancer Relief.
For tickets call 01728 453338.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 9 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
- 10 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack