New name for college
ONE of the county's best known education institutions has a new name today, the Evening Star can reveal. Bosses and students at Suffolk College, in Rope Walk, Ipswich, were at a breakfast meeting today to launch the Suffolk New College name and brand as well as a new prospectus for 2007-2008.
ONE of the county's best known education institutions has a new name today, the Evening Star can reveal.
Bosses and students at Suffolk College, in Rope Walk, Ipswich, were at a breakfast meeting today to launch the Suffolk New College name and brand as well as a new prospectus for 2007-2008.
Chairman of corporation, the college's governing body, Rev Peter Mortimer said: “The college is experiencing profound change and will soon be focusing exclusively on the provision of Further Education.
“In September 2008 we will move into a brand new building which will be part of the Ipswich education quarter.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mortimer said college bosses were also celebrating the decision by Ipswich council to grant planning permission for the new college.
He added: “These changes need to be signalled in a radical new identity for the college. The new name and the new logo reflect the new remit and mission of the college.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
College principal Prof Dave Muller said the new prospectus contains a number of new courses.
He said: “We are continuing to expand Further Education provision. We have new courses in retail and logistic and we are hoping to run a new Higher Education access course.”
The prospectus will be sent out to the county's high schools.
Dan Mayhew, president of the student union at the college, welcomed the new name and brand.
He said: “It's a really modern and eye-catching design.”
What do you think of the new logo and name? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org