New name for Ipswich corn company
IPSWICH-BASED International Corn Company (UK) Limited (ICCo) has been renamed Nidera UK.The decision to change the name was taken by its Dutch parent company Nidera Handlescompagnie BV.
IPSWICH-BASED International Corn Company (UK) Limited (ICCo) has been renamed Nidera UK.
The decision to change the name was taken by its Dutch parent company, Nidera Handlescompagnie BV.
A spokesman said: "This name change is consistent with Nidera's increasing participation in the EC grain and soft seeds market. It will also avoid confusion with customers and suppliers trading with the company".
ICCo, and an owner interest in the Grain Terminal (Ipswich) Limited, was acquired by Nidera BV in 1994.
You may also want to watch:
Other Nidera UK operations include the Anglia Bulk Terminal at Harwich International Port and the Unwin Grain and Clarke Agriculture merchant businesses in Essex and Suffolk respectively.
In the UK, Nidera now handles in excess of one million tonnes of grain per year.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 9 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 10 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
Nidera BV was established in 1920 by a small group of grain merchants in Rotterdam. The name Nidera is an acronym of the geographical regions in which they intended to focus their activities, Netherlands, India, Deutschland, England, Russia and Argentina .
Today the Nidera Group has offices in 20 Countries positioned in principal commercial centres with exclusive agents in 23 other markets.
Nidera Handlescompagnie BV has a net worth exceeding 100 million US dollars.