New name for Ipswich corn company
IPSWICH-BASED International Corn Company (UK) Limited (ICCo) has been renamed Nidera UK.The decision to change the name was taken by its Dutch parent company Nidera Handlescompagnie BV.
IPSWICH-BASED International Corn Company (UK) Limited (ICCo) has been renamed Nidera UK.
The decision to change the name was taken by its Dutch parent company, Nidera Handlescompagnie BV.
A spokesman said: "This name change is consistent with Nidera's increasing participation in the EC grain and soft seeds market. It will also avoid confusion with customers and suppliers trading with the company".
ICCo, and an owner interest in the Grain Terminal (Ipswich) Limited, was acquired by Nidera BV in 1994.
You may also want to watch:
Other Nidera UK operations include the Anglia Bulk Terminal at Harwich International Port and the Unwin Grain and Clarke Agriculture merchant businesses in Essex and Suffolk respectively.
In the UK, Nidera now handles in excess of one million tonnes of grain per year.
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
Nidera BV was established in 1920 by a small group of grain merchants in Rotterdam. The name Nidera is an acronym of the geographical regions in which they intended to focus their activities, Netherlands, India, Deutschland, England, Russia and Argentina .
Today the Nidera Group has offices in 20 Countries positioned in principal commercial centres with exclusive agents in 23 other markets.
Nidera Handlescompagnie BV has a net worth exceeding 100 million US dollars.