New name for Ipswich corn company
IPSWICH-BASED International Corn Company (UK) Limited (ICCo) has been renamed Nidera UK.The decision to change the name was taken by its Dutch parent company Nidera Handlescompagnie BV.
IPSWICH-BASED International Corn Company (UK) Limited (ICCo) has been renamed Nidera UK.
The decision to change the name was taken by its Dutch parent company, Nidera Handlescompagnie BV.
A spokesman said: "This name change is consistent with Nidera's increasing participation in the EC grain and soft seeds market. It will also avoid confusion with customers and suppliers trading with the company".
ICCo, and an owner interest in the Grain Terminal (Ipswich) Limited, was acquired by Nidera BV in 1994.
Other Nidera UK operations include the Anglia Bulk Terminal at Harwich International Port and the Unwin Grain and Clarke Agriculture merchant businesses in Essex and Suffolk respectively.
In the UK, Nidera now handles in excess of one million tonnes of grain per year.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 10 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
Nidera BV was established in 1920 by a small group of grain merchants in Rotterdam. The name Nidera is an acronym of the geographical regions in which they intended to focus their activities, Netherlands, India, Deutschland, England, Russia and Argentina .
Today the Nidera Group has offices in 20 Countries positioned in principal commercial centres with exclusive agents in 23 other markets.
Nidera Handlescompagnie BV has a net worth exceeding 100 million US dollars.