New name for Spa bar
BOSSES Felixstowe's Spa Pavilion have today unveiled a new bar at the venue - named by a young Evening Star reader.Located in the foyer entrance and called “Limelights”, the name was chosen from entries received in response to a competition placed in the Evening Star.
BOSSES Felixstowe's Spa Pavilion have today unveiled a new bar at the venue - named by a young Evening Star reader.
Located in the foyer entrance and called “Limelights”, the name was chosen from entries received in response to a competition placed in the Evening Star.
James Aleksic, 10, was discussing various suggestions for the new bar with his mum Julie over pizza-making and came up with the idea after reading about the saying “in the limelight”.
General Manager, Shane Vinyard said: “Lime-lights were so called because lime was an essential component in the burning process that produced a vivid light uses in theatres from the mid-1800's.
You may also want to watch:
“A lime-light was used to cast a beam of light on the central character on stage thus excluding the other players. From this has developed the current expression where being “in the limelight” describes being in the full glare of public attention.
“By installing a second performance bar, Limelights will provide unrestricted access to theatre goers before the show and will remain open for the duration of the performance”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
James said “I feel so happy to have won the competition to name the new bar and am so glad I entered it - it feels good to be in the limelight”
James' prize was tickets for him and his family to enjoy a meal in the Spa Pavilion Restaurant followed by tickets to see the Chuckle Brothers.
Are you a regular visitor to the Spa Pavilion? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com
For information on shows appearing at The Spa Pavilion please contact the Box Office on 01394 282126.