New name for Spa bar
BOSSES Felixstowe's Spa Pavilion have today unveiled a new bar at the venue - named by a young Evening Star reader.Located in the foyer entrance and called “Limelights”, the name was chosen from entries received in response to a competition placed in the Evening Star.
BOSSES Felixstowe's Spa Pavilion have today unveiled a new bar at the venue - named by a young Evening Star reader.
Located in the foyer entrance and called “Limelights”, the name was chosen from entries received in response to a competition placed in the Evening Star.
James Aleksic, 10, was discussing various suggestions for the new bar with his mum Julie over pizza-making and came up with the idea after reading about the saying “in the limelight”.
General Manager, Shane Vinyard said: “Lime-lights were so called because lime was an essential component in the burning process that produced a vivid light uses in theatres from the mid-1800's.
“A lime-light was used to cast a beam of light on the central character on stage thus excluding the other players. From this has developed the current expression where being “in the limelight” describes being in the full glare of public attention.
“By installing a second performance bar, Limelights will provide unrestricted access to theatre goers before the show and will remain open for the duration of the performance”
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
James said “I feel so happy to have won the competition to name the new bar and am so glad I entered it - it feels good to be in the limelight”
James' prize was tickets for him and his family to enjoy a meal in the Spa Pavilion Restaurant followed by tickets to see the Chuckle Brothers.
Are you a regular visitor to the Spa Pavilion? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com
For information on shows appearing at The Spa Pavilion please contact the Box Office on 01394 282126.