Nando’s to open new restaurant on Ransomes Europark in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A second Nando’s restaurant is on its way to Ipswich - taking over the Pizza Hut site on Ransomes Europark.
The spicy chicken chain’s new eatery, on The Sandlings, will join their Cardinal Park offering in the town, although a date has not yet been set for the big opening.
The restaurant chain submitted paperwork to Ipswich Borough Council on Thursday, December 21, to conduct alterations to the entrance of the building as well as adjustments to the building’s roof line.
Although the building will remain mostly unchanged, Nando’s look to give it a lick of paint and extend the roof.
It comes as Pizza Hut confirmed it is set to close the doors on its Ransomes Europark site on Saturday, January 20.
A spokesman for Pizza Hut said: “We continually evaluate the location of our restaurants to ensure they are in the best possible areas to meet consumer demand and have decided to close our restaurant in Euro Retail Park on January 20 at 10pm.
“We will continue to have a strong presence in Ipswich however, and customers can visit our other Huts at The Interchange Retail Park and Anglia Parkway South.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 3 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 4 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
- 5 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 6 Suffolk woman describes 'brutal, shocking' unprovoked train attack
- 7 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 8 Ipswich resident charged £400 by rogue trader to pressure wash driveway
- 9 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 10 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
“We have informed all our team members and are currently in discussions with them about relocating to our other restaurants in the local area, where possible.”
The new Nando’s restaurant will share a car park with the Burger King drive-through next door.
What do you think about a second Nando’s coming to Ipswich? Let us know in the comments below.