New opening times for post offices
DECISIONS on the future of 17 post offices in Suffolk have been announced today.Post Office has today released the details of the locations and opening times of the outreach outlets, which will replace 17 branches in the East Essex and Suffolk area.
DECISIONS on the future of 17 post offices in Suffolk have been announced today.
Post Office has today released the details of the locations and opening times of the outreach outlets, which will replace 17 branches in the East Essex and Suffolk area.
In December it was confirmed that 47 branches across the region were due to close and 17 would be replaced by outreach services, which are designed to ensure most customers do not see any dramatic change to services.
Those changes in the Suffolk region are as follows:
Post Office has introduced a partner service to be operated from the Coddenham branch in Village Stores, offering the most commonly used Post Office services. Opening times will be 8am to 12.30pm on Tuesday, and 8am to 5.30pm from Monday to Saturday.
Customers will be able to access a wide range of services at Village Stores in Cretingham. It will be open for four hours each week, opening hours to be confirmed.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 5 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 8 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 9 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
The same type of service will also be introduced to the Little Stonham branch, as currently available from The Magpie pub. Opening hours will be 10am to 12noon on Friday.
The Nacton Post Office branch will open from 8am to 10am, Monday to Friday.
The Sutton branch at The Plough pub, Main Road, will open on Thursdays, from 11am to 4pm.
A service will run from Farm Stores in Loudham Lane, Ufford, from 11am to 4pm on Tuesdays, and 2pm to 4pm on Thursdays.
Customers will be able to access services from the village hall in Waldringfield between 11am and 1pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Those using the Pettaugh branch in Stowmarket will now be able to access services from Stonham Barns, between 9.30am to 5pm.
Post Office services will be available from Witnesham Baptist Church in Witnesham for eight hours a week, opening times to be confirmed.