New Saints Beer Festival in Ipswich church attracts more than 1,500 people
Organisers of the first-ever Saints Beer Festival, held at St Peter’s by the Waterfront on Friday, have toasted the event’s success after more than 1,500 people turned up.
The event featured more than 30 cask ales alongside cider, Belgian beers and specialist wines, and aimed to promote independent firms in the Saints area.
Greg Cooper, co-owner of organiser Beer & Co, said: “It went really well and we’ve had some great feedback.
“We had loads of businesses come along and people going along to spend time in the shops as well.
“We are definitely looking at a return next year and perhaps extending it another day because it really did go down well.”
You may also want to watch:
The company will be hosting the pre-ticketed Oktoberfest event at St Peter’s on September 16 and 17. For details visit www.beerandco.uk
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 8 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out